Friday 29 November 2013

Winter-Wonderland Hyde Park


It looks just like that.

I may have missed a meeting on social etiquette, but I always assumed if you knocked a drink out of someone’s hand you apologize and insist on replenishing their beverage. In the space of a week I have been the victim of two spill and runs, and on both occasions the perpetrator has not only failed to offer me a refill, but has shown me nothing in way of remorse. Now my self-esteem is so low that I apologize before entering the room, so where do people get their balls to douse me in my own drink and walk off with more brio than Al Pacino? This is my only grumble about Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. There are too many tuned out dumb-schmucks that are just queuing up to moisten your winter wear with your own mulled wine. So here are a couple of tips to help you weave through the Winter Wonderland wilderness.

      
      Don’t try and impress your woman by throwing a basketball from fifteen feet into a tiny hoop. Only after you have shelled out 20 quid in a fruitless bid to win a cuddly toy, will you be reminded how bad you are at basket ball, and how little interest you have in the sport.
   
      If you decide to invest in a marshmellow kebab dipped in chocolate, don’t throw the box away. The chocolate puddle will harden and you can scrape the left over’s off for an extra hit.
   
       Don’t wear your best white Nike Air trainers. They will end up looking like Forrest Gump’s throw-aways.
    
Don't be a numpty.
      If you get off at Green Park tube use the underground toilets and take a safety piss. It will cost you 50p but it will be well worth it as it’s a 15-minute walk to Hyde Park, then you will be hurdling through people and prams like the assault course on the krypton factor before queuing for another 10 minutes before experiencing some sweet sweet relief.
     
      Don’t try skating backwards, it will end in tears and a torn hammy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment