Thursday 6 March 2014

Missing Andy Q&A




As they are about to embark on their 2014 tour, I caught up ALex Greaves, frontman of MISSING ANDY, for a quick chat. 

People know you best from your performance in the Braintree College stage production of Macbeth in 2008. Where have you been for the last 6 years?

Up until 2009 I was chasing the infamous 'Shakespeare High', trying to feel as good as I did being lifted across the stage in the most bizarrely choreographed fight scene. I've been to some dark places, joined part of a Shakespeare squatting cult, who would occupy closed down theaters and act out their favourite monologues, all trying to get that high. Thankfully after an intervention with family and friends I came through the other side, and replaced Shakespeare with performing in a band called Missing Andy, and have been touring with them ever since.

How do you like to spend your days when hungover?

With a large raspberry tango ice blast from the cinema. That's a must. The rest is just learning to cope. I played football a couple of times hungover, that felt disgusting.

Why do you think West Ham's Kevin Nolan is so angry all the time?

Because he's never had an England call up.

My Dad said he came to see play at The Dublin Castle 4 years ago. He was disgusted that you spat on the ceiling and it dripped onto my brothers jacket who was stood underneath. I haven't stopped laughing since but I was wondering if you had any recollection of the event?

Haha! No I don't recall gobbing on the ceiling, unless it was one of my water spraying displays? In which case it would've been 94% water and 6% spittle. Either way, send your father my apologies and tell your brother he can send me the dry cleaning bill.

The biscuit with the best dunkable qualities?

The custard cream for me, it's a great dunking shape, you're not gonna bash the edges around the inside wall of the mug, the double biscuit reinforced with the mortar that is the creamy filling means there's less chance of a biscuit breakaway, which is a nightmare, nobody wants a load of sodden biscuit in the bottom of their coffee or tea.

How often do you practice your sex face infront of the mirror?

Ever since the tragic orgy accident of '06, I've vowed never to use my real sex face ever again. With great power comes great responsibility. Nowadays I practice my fake sex face daily, just to be safe.

Last time you followed through?


When I was 12. Something was so funny I literally laughed so hard I shit. Things became less funny soon after.

Where can we see Missing Andy next?

We're next gigging at Rayleigh in Essex on March 7th, where we will be performing a brand new track and getting Rob Jones 'birthday drunk'. But you can check out our upcoming dates on www.missingandy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment