Tuesday 14 January 2014

Dress like David Grohl (only taken)

When I worked on a willow farm I knew a guy that used to do tattoos on the side. He used to power through an 8 pack every saturday night and desecrate a part of his body with a new tiger tattoo. Even his drunk tiger tattoos look better than Dave Grohl's. Honestly have you seen them? Anyway I won't tear in to the guy too much, and luckily his songs are far better than his 90's tribal back alley tramp stamps. Here is a quick look at some of his outfits over the years. 



He often goes for the Lumber Jack two-toned check twill look. The long sleeves, curled to the elbow are conveniently hiding his terrible ink as described earlier. Shades are a must and a handlebar muey complete the rockabilly look.
"I have never done cocaine, ever in my life. I have never done heroin, I have never done speed," he said in a 2008 interview. Congratulations David, if you didn't smash through 40 fags a day and a swimming pool of gin every night I'd have you do a talk at my school. 






Or you good simply slum it in a casual denim over shirt with button down breast pockets. A typical rich man/poor man piece. Would look good either on a front man for one of the biggest band in the world, or if you're heading for an interview down a breakers yard, wear this number, roll up the sleeves, have an allen wrench poking out one of the breast pockets and you'll look incredibly employable. 


Lastly this ensemble which proves David can scrub up with the best of them. A roll neck top with RAW denim, very debonair David. The unpolished texture clearly complimenting David's rugged roughewn streak. Dave is a massive advocate for gay rights "You know what that's about? I believe in love and I believe in equality and I believe in marriage equality." However still yet to play Madame Jo Jo's down in Soho hey David? Come on, put your balls where your mouth is as they say in the trade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment