Thursday 31 October 2013

Say YA! To crazy socks.

The Anglia Flag motif.


Up until recently I always used to play it safe with socks. At the tender age of 14 I was teased for wearing white socks. Unbeknownst to me, white socks were, and quite possibly still are, 'sad'. I never got the heads up on what was cool and what was sad, but to avoid any future judgement on my feet attire I simply stuck with black socks for 20 solid years. Although my socks were bland and predictable, I developed an affinity for the garment and would always struggle to throw a pair away, no matter how many holes they accrued. In fact when my socks were comprised more of holes than fabric, I would always give them to my dad as he loved using socks to polish his car. I would say to the sock, 'don't worry sock, you're being put out to pasture. Polishing the hood of a Daimler Jag Super-eight is a noble retirement for your active sock duties'. 
From the mind of a 10 year old.
But recently I have been looking to mix it up a little in the sock department. I have just received the latest release of Bjorn Borg socks. I can't believe Bjorn Borg, 'The Iceman' himself, would be seen wearing these as he smacked one past an ill tempered Mcenroe. One design looks like it was plucked from the mind of a ten year old that had just entered it as a joke to some art competition on Wacaday, the other looks to be lifted from the Anglia Flag that was prevalent throughout the late 80's. Bjorn Borg clearly says 'Ya!' to design ideas from prepubescent children and plagiarism. However for just 10 quid for a pair, it's a cheap ice breaker. It's classic peacocking. Finally for those that have lost loved ones (that’s what I call my socks, my loved ones) during a laundry cycle, here are some words of comfort from the great Andy Warhol. ”No matter how carefully I sort my socks, whenever I do my laundry there are always some missing. It seems to be a law of physics.”  




What inspired Bjorn.

These socks are available at..

@thepeterbrooker
www.facebook.com/trafficclothing
www.trafficclothing.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment